Date(s) - 31/10/2021
5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Permaculture Central Coast is excited to be able to offer this unique masterclass in permaculture design to our members and guests.
Much of our online content during lockdown has been designed for our newer members, and we wanted to put something special together for those with longer experience and an interest in advanced design techniques and methodology.
Our presenter, Brendan Morse, is well known to many in the permaculture community as an accomplished professional designer and trainer. A brief summary of his experience is included below for those unfamiliar with his impressive body of work.
Brendan will be presenting three interactive master classes in permaculture design over three successive Sundays between 5.00pm and 6.00pm via Zoom:
Sunday October 17: Observation
Sunday October 24: Classic Permaculture Design Tools
Sunday October 31: Patch Design and Implementation Plans
Each session will include:
- 25-30 minutes presentation by Brendan
- 30-35 minutes interactive Q&A for participants, facilitated by PCC President, Meg McGowan
Key themes for the series
Zen and the Art of Permaculture Design
- Taking the time to NOT think – immersion and experience
- Taking time to watch and learn – Nature as Teacher
- Retreating from preconceptions
Passive Observation – Reading & Understanding Key Landscape Qualities
- Temporal Change
Targeted Observation – Interpreting your site Context
Key Reference Concepts
- Dave Jacke’s Permaculture Design Process as developed for Edible Forest Gardens
- PA Yeoman’s Scale of Permanence
The Zoom link will be sent to participants via email on the day of each master class. If you are enrolling for someone else, please make sure you include their email when registering.
The cost for each class is $30.
Permaculture Central Coast (PCC) members are eligible for a discounted ticket at $10 per class.
If you are not already a member of PCC you can join us now. Annual membership is $20 for an individual or $30 for a family.
The classes have been designed as a series, but you can join us for just one or two classes if you prefer.
The classes will be recorded and emailed to all enrolled participants after the course. If you can’t make the classes you are welcome to purchase a ticket to secure a copy of the recording. (Please note that recordings will not be publicly available via the PCC YouTube channel)
While this series has been designed for those that hold a Permaculture Design Certificate or have the equivalent experience, our commitment to inclusion and diversity means that anyone with an interest in participating is welcome to join us. We look forward to seeing you for this very special event.
About Brendan Morse
Here is a brief summary of Brendan’s professional background in permaculture and related fields:
- Botany-Entomology-Ecology BSc graduate
- Environmental Studies MA postgraduate
- 2x PDC (Milkwood, & Tagari online)
- Permaculture Teaching Course with Rosemary Morrow
- Edible Forest Gardens Masterclass with Dave Jacke
- PDC co-delivery (over 15x) with Milkwood, CERES, CERES Global (Timor), Kul-Kul Farm (Bali)
- has worked with Nick Ritar, Rowe Morrow, Hannah Moloney, Graeme George, Ian Lillington, Adam Grubb, Kat Lavers
Runs workshops in:
- mushroom cultivation
- ecological gardening
- ecological orcharding / food forests
- ecological soil management
- composting, organic sprays and fertilisers
Vocational experience in:
- soft & hard landscaping
- horticulture & nurseries
- market gardening in cool temperate and wet tropics
- bush and rainforest regeneration
- mushroom cultivation
- EFG design and implementation
- contaminated land management
- environmental management
- carbon/emissions management
- environmental education – all ages & all climatic contexts
- Permaculture Consultation & Design; including Permablitzes, medicinal gardens, food forests, farmscape management, school gardens & suburban food gardens