Date(s) - 19/06/2022
9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Kariong Eco Garden
After our Terrigal blitz on Saturday 4th June, we have another one that is a half day event at Kariong Community Garden on the morning of our next PCC meeting (Sunday the 19/6/2022). The meeting is going to be held at this venue and we have organised the blitz to go from 9-1pm when we will stop for a free lunch for the participants prior to the meeting starting at 2pm.
This is a good introduction to a blitz for someone who has not come before.
To volunteer for an event you need to be a member of Permaculture Central Coast (PCC).
The garden coordinator has given us an outline of the tasks they need support with below. Please come along and support this worthy local community event.
- Plant Identification and markers. Alice has been making milk bottle markers. Please bring any saved 2L plastic milk bottles and scissors.
- Suppressing the weeds between our raised garden beds.
- Herb spiral rebuild after removing pennywort
- Tool maintenance and catalogue (The Repair Cafe will be in the hall to assist with some direction and advice).
- Pruning lily pillies (tools needed are loppers, pruning saws, secateurs)
- Ponds renovation. The 3 small tub ponds are overgrown and the new larger pond needs the plants to be settled in properly. We have gravel and sand for this purpose but need more hands.
- Removing more lemon balm from labyrinth path should be easy and we need to replace with other plants / seeds. Donations of groundcover herbs very welcome eg chamomile (or they will purchase)
- Comfrey border planting.
- Citrus TLC
- Touching up / TLC for permaculture mural on the tool shed – we have brushes, paints and sponges for preparing/cleaning
- Set up second worm tub again, near front gate.
- Bush track maintenance/ Bush Kids Nature Play area – we need handsaws, rakes, weed removal tools and techniques.