Thank you to one of our PCC members, Yuki, for suggesting this amazing gingerbread. Please let us know how you go trying it out.
- 140g Unsalted butter
- 1 cup Golden syrup
- 1 cup Brown sugar
- 1 cup Guinness or stout
- 2 tsp Ground ginger
- 2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Ground cloves
- 2 cups Plain flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 300g Sour cream
- 2 eggs
- Oil or butter to grease the tray
- Foil BBQ tray approx. 25cm X 32cm
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees. Grease foil tray with oil or butter.
- Put the butter, golden syrup, brown sugar, beer, ground ginger, ground cinnamon and ground cloves into a pot and melt over a low heat.
- Turn off the stove and shift the flour and baking powder into the pot. Whisk thoroughly until smooth and without any lumps.
- Whisk the sour cream and eggs together in a bowl then beat into the gingerbread mixture. Whisk well to get a smooth batter.
- Pour the mixture into the foil tray. Bake for 45-50 mins. When it’s ready the side of the gingerbread will come away from the tray.
- Cut and serve its own or with ice cream!