Our Seedbank Coordinator Jen is back with another amazing recipe!
Who needs a recipe for some delicious munchies for morning tea? Here you go.
- 80g castor sugar
- the zest from 1 orange + 1 tbsp juice
- 200g plain flour
- 140g very cold butter, cubed
- 80g sultanas or currents
- 1 medium egg yolk
- Rub butter into flour until it resembles very fine breadcrumbs.
- Add rind and sultanas and mix through.
- Beat egg yolk with orange juice and sugar until well combined, then add to dry ingredients.
- Mix into a dough, press with your fingers (it helps if they’re wet) into a lined and greased square cake tin.
- Sprinkle the top with a little raw sugar and bake in a preheated oven at 180°c until lightly golden brown.
- Cut while still hot and then allow to cool on a wire rack.
Share a recipe with our members! Please get in touch via email@example.com